Monday, April 24, 2006

Life

I may be sounding a bit philosophical in my first blog but that is how my mood is today(tonight, rather).

I am just bored of my day-to-day materialisitic thinking. There is not a day when I dont wish that I own a black BMW 4-seater convertible (afterall black is beauty!), that I own a Korg triton synthesizer which I can use to play and sequence music for nothing more than my personal satisfaction when I am experiencing both the extremes in my mood, that I own a Polk home theatre and listen to those thumping beats of ARR with the volume knob turned all the way to the right. I am sure you would have heard this cliche that nothing is permanent in this world or can be taken for granted. The first thing that tops that list is life.

I started thinking about all this when an Indian student at A&M died of a car accident few months ago. He was not close to me but it is disturbing to hear about someone's death. Closeness to that person is immaterial. It happened all of a sudden. That guy was just about 30 miles away from college station when his car was T-boned. Inclement weather on that day did not help him in anyway when driving. It took time for all of us to come to terms with that. One of my friends, who used to spend a good part of his time in that person's house found it hard to believe. It is hard to believe your own eyes during these times and it takes time to sink in. I can still visualize that person sitting on the corridor near our apartment everyday, smoking and cracking jokes with his roommates.

This makes us (or atleast me) wonder as to how invaluble are all these things that we wish to own when we do not even have the slightest hint of what is going to happen the next moment. I mean, it is funny. Inspite of all this, ironically, it is these wishes that is driving the world. Lets face it. How many professionals really enjoy the work they do? Will they ever have the guts to say "Ok, pay me peanuts and I will still work with the same vigor?" Maybe, there are people who will do that. But how many? At the end of the day, people want to earn so that they can live the life that they wish to live. Else, the world would have seen innumerable Einsteins.

I would just like to believe in the fact that life is a chain of events closely related to each other, events with wanted and unwanted surprises.

View My Portfolio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home