Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Butler English!

Have you ever had a realization dawning upon you that the sentences you very carefully think about before forming and speaking them out, escapes your mouth as utter rubbish with such grammatical purity that would have made Shakespeare proud and would have made him wish for rebirth a zillion times!
I am talking about the English that we speak at work. Hardly do I use it as a language for informal communication. I/We term that as 'Butler English', for no/some reason. During such moments, it is just funny to recollect the statements we give out. However, the line between fun and embarassment gradually thins down to nanometric scale if this continues throughout the day. I have had that realization quite often. In the immediate past, it happened on 09/29/06. It was so frustrating that I reached a point when I decided not to talk anymore on that day, in a vain effort to salvage some lost pride. I am not sure if this happens to everyone or if there really is a problem with the left/right part (whichever applicable) of that thing between my ears. What is it called? I do not remember.
View My Portfolio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home