Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Some of mine (contd.,)

I was getting bored of repeatedly listening to the same set of songs. For once, I was bored of listening to rahman's. So, yesterday after coming back office, I checked for some relatively old songs composed by ilayaraja. I came across this song "Om Namaha" from 'Ithayathai thirudaathe". The movie was released first in telugu as "Geethanjali" if my memory serves me right. I have listened to this song before but that was quite a long time back. It is an absolutely uncomplicated one but it captivates the listener as it provides the required effect. It is a nice song. Listen to it if you have not. If you have, listen to it again! I wanted to play this song in my keyboard. And I hope it has come out well.

Here is the link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/23090725/om_namaha.mp3.html

for any of you who would want to listen.

As always, use earphone. Lappy and desktop speakers are useless.
These are the instruments I have used (for any of those curious ones)

1. Piano+strings - Lead
2. Guitar - BGM (to get the effect of strumming. But I think it has not come out as well as I had expected)
3. Strings - BGM
4. Saw - Interlude
5. Orchestra - Interlude
6. Pan Flute - Interlude
7. Bell - Interlude

Apart from all these, I have also used pieces of fingered bass. Bass has always attracted me in any song. It, sort of, makes the music complete. Bass does not feature in the original song. I wanted to just try and listen to how it sounds. I think it fits into the scale of the song. If you do not think so, kindly adjust!

For any of my other music kottals, kindly scroll down the blog.


Adios.
View My Portfolio

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

call panna sonnen illa.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Balaji Varadharajan said...

sorry chellam! i forgot.next time i play anything i will call you.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home