Sunday, June 11, 2006

The weekend that was

I had been to Austin this saturday with karthik and his mother. There is nothing attractive about that place that would make you visit over and over again. Though I had been to austin before, I did not get a chance to take a closer look at the capitol. This time, however, I was amazed by the richness and grandeur of the interior. It was quite obvious that a lot of planning and money has gone into constructing this elegant structure. I would rather let the pictures speak.
...myself outside capitol

...myself outside the capitol entrance

...Entrance

Thanks to karthik, the second picture has come out very well considering the angle at which it was taken. Now lets go to the interior.


...Senator's chamber

...walkway


...House of representatives

We left for Mount Bonnell from Capitol. I would love to own a house near the lake but, seemingly it will cost me a fortune! So forget it, I will go for something better!

...Lake Austin

...myself with lake austin in the background. Oh well, that bloody exhausted look on my face is because of the mid-day heat.

Any trip to Austin, will be incomplete without a flying visit to san marcos and san antonio. We went to san marcos though I had no intention of a major shopping spree. After spending sometime in san marcos, we left for san antonio by around 6pm. I should say that this was the first time I had reached san antonio in bright sunlight. My previous visits to this place (river walk, in particular) had invariably been in the night by 9pm, by which time the beauty of setting sun and its effect on surroundings would have evaded me. But no, not this time.


...some gen building in san antonio. But the blue sky merged with evening sun hitting part of the building was just too much to take my eyes off.


...some other gen structure. But same effect.


...The Alamo

The Alamo (pic above) in san antonio serves as a shrine reminding people of the texan history and its liberty. For anyone who is more interested about this, visit
www.thealamo.org

We had dinner in a mexican restaurant in river walk and returned home late night. It was just one of those small round trip yesterday but it has had its influence on me.

Adios.
View My Portfolio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home