Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Un Kannill Naan Kandein

"karuppu vellai pookal undaa
un kannill naan kandein
un kangal vandai unnum pookkal enbein"


Ofcourse it suits well for Asin. These lines add zing to the song 'Suttum Vizhi' from Ghajini. There will be few things in a song which would attract a person- repeated BG beat, humming, chords, the choice of instruments, the lyrics et al. I started liking this song after I heard the verses above. I thought it will be difficult to play this in my keyboard as I assumed that it is composed with a complicated scale. Yesterday, when I was listening to this song I just tried playing a few keys in my keyboard, along. Heck, I found that this song is based on the simplest of all scales - C major. Finding the chords and BGM's were not difficult after that. For once, Harris has shed his liking for B scales - B maj (oru maalai) and B min (vaseegara).

However easy the scale was, playing the second interlude was a bit difficult. With the limited dexterity that I have in playing keyboard, I was not able to make it complete. I think the song has come out alright. Just listen to it, if you wish.



http://rapidshare.de/files/24003885/suttum_vizhi1.mp3.html



Adios.
View My Portfolio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home